Thursday, June 7, 2012

You Can Count On Pierce

Perhaps the greatest interview - for any number of reasons - in racing is Ron Pierce. Often times he says some of the most ridiculous one liners, where you don't know if he's nuts, having fun with us, or he's being serious.

Today he got detailed - yes, Pierce actually got detailed - with regards to George Brennan getting booted out of the Meadowlands for his Pena comments. As well, he spoke about supertrainers in general.

"I can tell you what I believe and I’m not ashamed to say it. “In racing today there are great trainers and there are great chemists – and sadly a lot of these great trainers can no longer compete against the great chemists.

“I’m 55. I’ve been in this game a long time and I have noticed the changes over the years and I’ve also known who the great horsemen have been,” Pierce said.

 He said the medication rulings in the United States were badly in need of change. “It should be like Scandinavia does it. No horse is permitted to be touched by a needle, except for maybe acupuncture, 13 days prior to the running of a race. “If that happened then we would see who the real horsemen are. I don’t know much about medication but I do know a bit about horses and the majority of them are taking some sort of medication close to race-time. 

More at link 


No comments:

Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months

Similar

Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return

Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...