Monday, November 9, 2009

We Report, You Decide

I am not Shepard Smith, but I will try my best. Here is some video with fan reaction of two horses. I don't know about you, but being a racing fan is pretty sweet when watching this.

First an inside the clubhouse look at RA at Saratoga. Fast forward to 2:24 to skip the prerace and give it a listen.



Now the track feed from Santa Anita. The ESPN sound certainly did not do it justice as I did not hear this explosion of the crowd when Z finds room on ESPN. Flip to 1:45, hear the pop at about 2 minutes and let 'er roll to Schrupp's comments after the three minute mark. That crowd cheered for a good minute and a half.



Horse of the year? By sound alone it has to be one of them; I don't think the cheers were for Bulls Bay or Gio Ponti. :)

1 comment:

Pacingguy said...

May I point out that Zenyatta is a five year old. While undefeated at three or four, that did not make her famous; it is when she came back as a five year old that she become the rage.

Granted she was not a stallion, but this is proof positive that to make an last impact, you need to keep racing as an older horse to make an lasting impact on racing.