Friday, November 6, 2009

Looking at Some of Tomorrow's Races

I am just having a look at the BC tomorrow and cross referencing with Betfair. It is nice to get a feel of the odds board when playing some pick 3's and other horizontal's by looking at some sharp money, so here are a few thoughts.

BC Marathon - With a 4 point overround and a decently tight spread it looks like the ML is right on Mastery. Father Time is second choice at 7-2. I like the looks of the odds on two I think can hit the ticket - Nite Light at 9-1 and Black Astor at 27-1. I think I might try the latter for my price horse this race.

BC Juv F Turf - No surprise Lillie Langtry is chalk at 3-1. I don't mind the five and thirteen here and they are generous at 15-1 and 27-1 respectively.

BC Juvy Fillies - Not a very tight market here with close to 8% overround. Blid luck is a 7-2 chalk and the crowd says to go deep in this one. Mark Cramer says in chaos races bet the chalk. This does seem to work but I have to go outside that chalk here. 9-1 current price on the 11 looks like an overlay for me. I like the ten but she is getting well bet, below her ML, so that eliminates her for me.

BC F and M Turf -
I thought Forever Together looked like a slam dunk here but the crowd at Betfair thinks I am nuts. Midday is a 5-2 chalk in a tight market. 10-1 on Visit is tempting. I was disappointed that this was the first pick 4 leg as I will not take a short shot in an opening leg, but maybe the odds on FT will allow me to take one.

BC F and M Sprint - I kind of figured Sara Louise would be a price here and that is confirmed with early betfair betting. Ventura is obvious and monster chalk at 7-5. I'll probably take a stand here with Sara.

BC Ladies Classic - Zenya..... er Rachel Alex.... er, I mean Careless Jewel is the fave at around 7-2 in a medicore market; a bit surprising I guess. Nice prices on this board and it looks like it will be an excellent spread race. The longest shot on the board (Lethal Heat) I do not really mind here that much. I am contemplating hitting the all button perhaps. I wish this field was a little deeper and bigger for some superfecta bomber shots, but that is nitpicking I guess.

Good luck tomorrow everyone and enjoy your day.

No comments:

Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months

Similar

Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return

Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...