But I got to thinking. In my five years or so here on blogger, I have some accomplishments and brushes with greatness of my own.
- World famous pedigree expert Sid Fernando once retweeted an article of mine to his millions of followers from a plane while drinking a double gin and tonic.
- I once tweeted "good luck" to Sheik Mo. He didn't tweet back, but he will sometime I bet
- World famous NYRA expert Allan Mann read one of my NYRA articles while listening to some band I have never heard of on Spotify
- Joe Drape - the world famous New York Times racing writer - read something I wrote once.
- I'm in O_crunk's google reader
- A world famous TOC member once read an article of mine on the California takeout increase and said "man, I hate that guy" (I am not 100% sure of this, but it sounds about right)
- Tom LaMarra, king of the Bloodhorse, follows me on twitter
- John Pricci commented here once
- If I say something nice about the Meadowlands I heard a rumor Nick Salvi handwalks the article up to Jeff Gural
- World famous trainer Graham Motion retweeted me when I said his horses all looked good.
- Bob Baffert..... nah, nothing happens with Bob Baffert, he only follows three people on twitter. I don't think he even follows Paulick
- I am pretty sure someone in Michael Bloomberg's camp read the reference I wrote where I said Yonkers better stop selling 16 ounce Pepsi's or they're gonna get their license revoked.
- I heard a rumor my blog is not blocked on the Woodbine intranet anymore.
- Justin Horowitz (ItstheJHO on twitter and Harness Racing TV host) reads my blog. I think he's JLO's long lost Jewish brother. That makes him famous.
- Chuck Yeager chatted with me and Caroline Betts on twitter a couple of times. That's better than Dustin Hoffman. He could only play a guy in a movie who flew a plane 749 miles per hour.
- Tinky posts here. He doesn't post on any other blogs or websites except here ..... and the Paulick report and Sid's blog and a few dozen others.
- Gene Kershner (@equispace) reads the blog once every six months or so. I think he owns the Buffalo News. Or something in Buffalo. He's big there.
- My family reads the blog the odd time, but they're not famous, and they likely wouldn't admit to it anyway.
Cheers, and enjoy your Friday.