Monday, June 15, 2009

You Too Can Be a Harness Blogger

Standardbred Canada gets something like 8 gazillion hits, or so my sources tell me. And they are looking for a blogger.

I would like to see some harness blogs. I think it would be a hoot if more folks in the business blogged.

Randy Waples: A blog about how to answer a question from Greg Blanchard in 1,000 words or more
Ron Pierce: A blog about how to answer a question from Greg Blanchard in five words or less
The OHHA Blog: "How to win friends and influence people"
Bob Hollywood Heyden: The "I am taller than every harness driver I have interviewed" blog
The Sadinsky Blog: "How I wrote a paper on fixing harness racing and everyone used it as tinder" (ed note: This could be about any white paper ever commissioned by harness racing)
The Yannick Gingras Fan Club Blog: By the Hambo Society's Moira Fanning
The 0.700 UTRS Off the Claim Trainer Blog: "Shoeing tips"
The Birthing and Smiths Concert Harness Racing Blog: Kelly Spencer (whoops, this one is already there)
"HPITV is the Best Racing Channel on Television": Blog by PTP contributor Louis the Whip
The "We should have midnight and morning racing so I can drive horses 21 hours a day" Blog: By Tim Tetrick

C'mon folks, throw the hat in the ring!

3 comments:

teresa said...

"How I wrote a paper on fixing harness racing and everyone used it as tinder"

I first read this as "fixing" as in "rigging"...then realized you meant "fixing" as in "repairing"!

I think?

Anonymous said...

I think that you and/or Andrew Cohan should be on the Trot Blogs, both of you have great topics that inspire thought, as well as a new angle that most horseman never read. My thought being that maybe if you both were on the Trot Blog more horseman would learn to look further than their own little world. We need more people to think proactive.
Respectfully, Rebecca

Pull the Pocket said...

That is nice of you Rebecca, so thanks.

I hope some customer or bettor, or maybe a small time owner with a customer centric growth perspective joins the trot blogs. We need customers.

Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months

Similar

Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return

Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...