Thursday, July 31, 2008

Interesting Day

Kind of an interesting day today at the Hambletonian round table. Some enjoyable presentations.

For me? Well, I guess it should be something about the conference that was a best moment, but sorry, it wasn't. I actually got to meet John Campbell. People might find that a little bit odd as a highlight in a day filled with so many presenters et al, but oh well.

I thought it was cool for two reasons 1) He has to drive tonight, but there he was dressed nicely as a part of the group listening to people. And 2) Well he is JC, a fine ambassador for the sport.

Also there, taking time out was Yannick Gingras in the young people in racing segment.

For my panel I discussed ad-hocly (not sure that is a word) the web bettor and what he/she is currently shopping for in the web gambling landscape and what we may look like in 2025. Funny, just before going up I glanced at Andrew Cohen's piece in Horseman & Fair World (it is not on the web yet, but I will post a link to it when it does). Hell, he said kind of what I was going to. Sheesh, they should have asked him, he is certainly better at speaking in front of a crowd, and more than likely much better looking :)

Some marketing of interest for the big race - the card for the hotel has the schedule of events for the Hambo, which I thought was neat. Plenty of other activities. It seems to be hopping a little bit for sure, and I would figure we are going to see a good crowd on Saturday. Since I have never been to a Hambo it should be an experience one way or the other. I should be able to get some pictures and post them up on the blog.

Thanks to anonymous (my favorite commentor!) who gave us this link regarding Georgian and Xtreme - US tracks tabbed to simulcast big day. Roberts and the crew at GEO are working OT, so good job!

No comments:

Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months

Similar

Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return

Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...