Sunday, August 21, 2011

Super Weekend of Racing

This weekend had plenty of fireworks for racing fans and bettors

For me, it started on Saturday which was my very first viewing of the Saratoga broadcast on NBC. Clearly they are dealing with a horse racing, rather than a pure betting audience, and that was whom they targeted (it's no Bet Night Live). I thought the production was excellent, as was the crew. Thumbs up. ....

For Canadian fans, the Alabama was disappointing, as Plate winner Inglorious simply had zero pop. She raced like a sick horse. However, all signs seemed to be fine the next morning, as reported by Keith of Triple Dead Heat via twitter. .....

The Gold Cup and Saucer was again a compelling and interesting event. The little track had over $275k bet, which is a huge accomplishment. For video and some nice shots of the big crowd, please see below. .....

Today at Chester, See You at Peelers shook whatever has been ailing her and dusted some decent rivals like they were in lead sulkies. The 150.2 score was pretty good on that track, and there were signs she could have gone quicker. That's the best she's looked in awhile. ....

Mel Mara's stablemate, Major Bombay won the Woodrow Wilson on Friday. This colt has something going on with him. If you'd said to trainer Tony Alagna a month ago he would be beaten by a stablemate, he probably would've thought you were from the planet Zolton. .....

Alexi Matoosie found some magic at the M. He looked like the second coming of Cam Fella in the Haughton Saturday. ....

Roll With Joe wins the Battle of Brandywine in a nice 149.2. I always liked this horse and thought a lot of him, but early in the year he was just sorta 'there'. Now he is the best colt in racing. I think the trainer deserves a ton of credit. Oh ya, and probably his dam. ......

Manofmanymissions really looked solid today at Chester as well. He is probably the best sophomore trotter in the country.....

Hurricane Kingcole finally settled a little Saturday. I still worry about him late though. Regardless, all signs point to the Metro for him.

Notes: 

Peelers knocked Saratoga and Del Mar off TVG today, as the running network went to the Jugheads.....

NBC is helping out fans across the globe.The Alabama stakes, on the big network, had a healthy $113k traded at the betting giant. That's large for a stakes race, and a Saratoga race. .....

Frank Mitchell commented on my Slots piece below and turned it into a blog post of his own. Thanks Frank, for the comment and the mention. ......

I was snakebit at Monmouth today. A second at 4-1 which was a pick 5 key, another second at 9-1 and a non-box and no back up where my key for second beat me at 12-1. We all have those days. ....

It felt weird today, back playing semi-seriously, as I have been so busy. The only big track my ADW covered was Monmouth, so I played Monmouth. I am truly at the point that I need availability and a fair price to look at you if I am playing seriously. Monmouth is more than fine for me, despite the seconditis. ....

I spent hours this weekend looking for a $99 Touchpad and I could not find one. I found it quite quizzical however to see Touchpad ads for HP on the display networks, while HP was long sold out. People must have clicked that ad 100,000 or more times, at maybe 20 cents or so a pop, with no conversions and no chance at a conversion. ....

I played the Gold Cup and Saucer yesterday and bet, who I thought was much the best horse - Fire on the Water. He came last. What a time to throw in a clunker. He is such a nice horse, and I wonder what's happened to him of late. ....

Uncle Mo looks like a go in the Kings Bishop next weekend. The Factor is a no go. I am kind of hoping we see the Factor next year. He has so much talent. This weekend will answer a ton of questions for Mo.

 

No comments:

Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months

Similar

Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return

Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...