Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Buzz

I was just doing my late night scan of the UK horse betting blogs. They are always interesting and I can usually find something that catches my eye. This time it was the Cheltenham Festival. Virtually everyone is speaking of it, and markets on Betfair are reeling (I saw a couple with over $15M US matched). Quite the buzz.

But buzz doesn't just happen, it is created. Virtually all the news of the Festival is put out by betting sites and the festival itself, with a web presence of targeted social media marketing.

It strikes me as odd that me as a harness racing blogger was contacted by several firms and bloggers speaking of the Festival in the UK (which I know absolutely nothing about), but racing here across the pond has never said boo to me in a calculated buzzmarketing way when they have an event.

It's a different world out there.

No comments:

Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months

Similar

Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return

Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...