According to the Thoroughbred Times "Uncle Mo Entered, Not Definite for Derby"
Color me confused.
We have three days before post time, the colt was said to be 100% sound, but if not 100% he would not be running.
Sunday we heard from Mike Repole "If he doesn't go off the favorite, I will make him the favorite."
Brave words, confidence, slam-dunk. Let's go! Mo is ready. Like Sleipnir when he swam across the North Sea. Nothing can stop him.
Now it appears something has changed. Is he 92% ready and will be 100% in three days? Is he 84% ready, but needs a 16% bump? Do we bet or don't bet? Does the next horse on the earnings list's owners actually get to celebrate Derby week as a starter, or do they waste cash on a hotel watching the NHL playoffs with no A/E? Do bettors make an odds line with or without Mo?
Questions, questions. Confusion continues to reign. But maybe it's just me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months
-
There has been a lot of discussion of late via #simocon about racing, betting and signals and all the rest. The main theme is that racing ca...
-
Standardbred Canada has a poll up asking who is the greatest trotter who ever lived. These questions are fun, but really it is impossible t...
-
The news hit the wires today that TVG is in search of a new CEO. This news assures a shake-up in programming at the huge ADW, especially w...
-
How do we differentiate ourselves from thoroughbred bettors? What are the pros and cons of being a harness bettor? In a recent article at R2...
-
A lot of you have seen this Portnoy post about his beat in the Pick 6 at Del Mar yesterday: I made it to last leg of pick 6 at Del Mar. I h...
-
I saw this tweet by Nick yesterday. Nick is the morning line maker at Keeneland. I promise I’m not being a smart ass. I clearly made a horr...
-
In 1996, most know that the pari-mutuel tax on wagering was reduced from 7.5% to 0.5% as part of the slots at racetracks program. The indust...
-
Top ten lists of the decade are so everywhere. But, heck I think they are cool and I like reading them. It was a wonderful decade to watch r...
-
Sitting outside, or in the grandstand at Greenwood brings back many memories. Racing was super-popular and we usually had a packed house and...
Similar
Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return
Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...
1 comment:
Surgery over the winter, leading to a cramped training and racing schedule; a very poor performance in his final prep, possibly relating to an internal problem; physically a shadow of what he was prior to the Breeders' Cup, and has trained poorly at CD.
His connections would be obviously be foolish to run UM, and even if he is withdrawn at the 11th hour, the real story is the blinding contrast between this embarrassing display, and the intelligence and class with which Frankel's connections are managing that one.
Post a Comment