Here's a huge picture from twitter.
You can't imagine how big #ChurchillDowns' new video board is. #Panasonic pic.twitter.com/lCeWagHouvWord is, the board will be paid for by advertising, and will also be used for internal Churchill promotions, notes, announcements etc especially during the Kentucky Derby.
— Jennie Rees (@CJ_Jennie) April 7, 2014
Cub Reporter sat in on a special meeting this morning in the Churchill Mansion. A short breakfast was served (he loves free food) which was not unlike a continental breakfast at those mini-Marriot's, and then the Churchill braintrust got down to business to approve and disapprove the ads, announcements and big screen notes. Cub was forbidden to make them public, but he didn't overly like the breakfast sausage ("Bob Evans is no Bob Evans", he laments), so he sent them my way.
I publish the ones rejected for you here.
1. "Churchill Downs, Where Dirt Lives, Unlike at that Other Track" ad - REJECTED
2. A live tweet stream of @insidethepylons - REJECTED
Just another day of let's see how we can find ways to screw horseplayers and of course none of them except maybe ITP will say anything3. "Churchill Downs Inc executive compensation update" - REJECTED
— Inside The Pylons (@InsideThePylons) March 6, 2014
4. A Magna spy picture of Twinspires VP Jeremy Clemons playing the races in his underwear on Xpressbet.com - REJECTED
5. A video mash up of Churchill Mansion patrons to John Mellancamp's "Small Town" - REJECTED
|The "Mansion", Casual Friday|
6. A giant Frank Stronach ad with him surrounded by a bunch of ladies selling Energy Drink to "keep you yodeling" - REJECTED
7. A New York Times half off subscription for horsemen ad - REJECTED
8."Eat Chicken, Handicap at Bris" cross-promo - REJECTED
9. "The Kentucky Derby, brought to you by NYRA rewards ad" - REJECTED
10. 'Straight Talk with Bob: I'm not that Bob Evans' - REJECTED
11. "All media to that tent a half a mile away from the finish line please" service announcement - REJECTED
12."Beer $12, or $24 for two, on special" ad - REJECTED
13. Kegasus - REJECTED
14. "Churchill Downs Takeout rates are 16% and 19% for exotics. The state makes us do it. At other CDI tracks where we can charge more, we do" promo - REJECTED
15. 'Welcome Hall of Fame Trainer Steve Asmussen' promo - REJECTED
16. A live shot of the Stews, where they may or may not be watching a football game - REJECTED
17. "I know we're a competitor to Brisnet, and we think it's pretty big of Churchill for letting us run this ad" TimeformUS promo - REJECTED
18. "If you see this man broadcasting, call the police immediately" - REJECTED (replace "police" with "security")
19. "Please, no drinking or rowdy behavior in the infield" announcement - REJECTED , because no one would ever follow it
Enjoy your Tuesday everyone.