Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Updates

It seems the Harness Edge is up and running with some notes about each session of the conference. For those interested, here are a the links to the sessions so far:

Kickoff/The Ship is Sinking


Betting in Convenience Stores

Takeout Discourages Bettors

Edit: Standardbred Canada is now on board with some of the highlights. Well, reading the synopsis on my session I guess I was a big meanie, but oh well. We'll pop the rest up soon.

Turning the Ship

Betting in Convenience Stores is here. I only caught the last half of this, but it was a good discussion. I liked what Dave Bryans and Bassem had to say, but I did not hear enough from the others as I was doing a bit of work and missed most of what they said.

Last one up, was the Takeout discussion with notes and responses from two pros, Jamie and Roy. I know Jamie from university, it was nice to meet Roy. I choose to not sit at a poker table with either of them, however.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you Dean. I expect less than ziltch to come out of this. I feel it is just a big show to make it look like they care.

Keep up the fight for the 2 dollar bettor.

Brock

Anonymous said...

Hey Bud,

I am keeping an open mind until I think about how it goes.

I have been told several times, and I don't think it is a lie, that this is a different conference than the biz is used to. Since I have never been to one I do not know for sure, but take that for what it's worth.

We'll see I guess.

Anonymous said...

Too many dinky-doo harness racing tracks in Southern Ontario. The pools are diluted. Why does Flam-bingo run during the day? They have $1200 win pools. Betting harness racing from a Convenience store? Honestly, that is the single most silliest thing I've ever heard. I don't even want to bet harness racing from the comfort of my own home, and I'm an action hungry horseplayer.

Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months

Similar

Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return

Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...