Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday Notes

Jeff Gural was interviewed last night on the M pre-game show; it's linked below. Some highlights:
  • It looks like he has the amount of capital he is looking for
  • The Unions (he mentioned tellers) have not returned calls. He needs them on board.
  • He is looking to Cantor Gaming to revitalize some wagers/wagering
  • It looks like he might be wanting to bring rebated players to his platform
  • He wants to schedule meets properly in the future.
  • He wants a Championship 45 day meet in the summer (long overdue)
Dubai's card is a good one, and it is going on today. If you are looking to mess around, HRF/360 has analysis and  Dick Powell has his selections up.

Bill Finley interviews @obvern about harness betting and thoroughbred betting.The lower mins and higher takeout killed his buzz for harness racing at WEG.

"The best example: two bets I used to like a lot were the Pick 4 and superfectas. Two things killed me with those two bets, particularly. Woodbine, about four or five years ago, raised their takeout significantly on the Pick 4. I am one of these guys who likes to analyze things and I would religiously track what kind of bets were showing a positive ROI for me. The Pick 4, for me, was slightly positive. When they raised the takeout it took me from a positive ROI to a negative ROI. That really annoyed me. With superfectas, the problem arose when they started letting people bet 10 cents or 20 cents on it. That just killed me. I am not a chalk bettor. I go for value and I used to be good at finding value in superfectas."

Bethanny Frankel has 459.434 followers on twitter. The horse Frankel has about none. I find this disturbing. If there is a new World order and you elect me and Sid Fernando co-Kings, we are going to reverse this trend.

RCI talks exchange wagering. The good part, it was a sensible conversation.

Who is Cantor Gaming? VFTRG explains. Bettor Inside the Pylons, who usually has his pulse on this issue, has relayed that Cantor has not had a very good rep so far in Vegas gambling circles.

It's a start! Woodbine drops tri takeout 2%.

Nice page! The USTA has a schedule up of all the harness tracks participating in their guaranteed pool program. 

Tweet from yesterday via Greg Blanchard: "There are 21 tracks going off at the same time. Too much product"

Here is the full Gural video and enjoy your Saturday folks!

No comments:

Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months

Similar

Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return

Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...