- Frank Stronosaurus has initiated an 18% pick 5 for this Pimlico meet.
- Woodbine opens tomorrow for thoroughbreds with a 2% drop in tri takeout
- Woodbine offers a $100,000 guarantee on their harness pick 4 tomorrow (and through the month)
- Northfield Harness, who dropped their rake to 14% on several bets this month, has a guarantee on their P4 pool starting tonight, via the USTA. Free PP's too!
- Balmoral Park, who lowered their pick 4 take to 15% last year and upped handles on the bet 66+%, is also participating in the guarantee's. Saturday night it starts there.
- Cal Expo, who said a big fat no to a raise in takeout in CA when they could have, has upped their guarantee on their previously lowered take pick 4 (it's 15%, versus SA's 23.68%) for Saturday. Their handle is now approaching modern records. Good for them.
Friday, Value Everywhere
Scanning the landscape, this weekend brings a new wave of new value for horseplayers.
Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...
One of life's many mysteries on gambling twitter is the Jackpot Bet. Oftentimes people like @shottakingtime, echoed by others, will pos...
It's Friday - the weekend! - where the tracks are ready to fire-up some serious betting entertainment. As we know, that's primaril...
Yesterday we wrote about some (many?) inside the business who don't quite understand what we bettors do each day to try and scratch som...
Innovation and horse racing. Put together, the two of them elicit feverish reaction in this sport. One one side you have the customers, alon...
The pandemic and resulting discombobulation has certainly thrown things out of whack in horse racing, and some narratives are being turned o...