Cub reporter informs me of a few new initiatives this season, as well as some rumors dispelled, right from management. These, to my knowledge have never been released to the public:
- There is no truth to the rumor that employees will be docked $50 pay if, when referencing the Meadowlands, they fail to say "new" in front of it, says my source.
- It is true that racing jack-of-all-trades Nick Salvi, will, daily, be dressed as a comic book character.
- It is not true that Director of racing person Darrin Zocalli has been named head of social media for his fan deference, humility, and all around happy-go-lucky nature.
- It is not true JLO will be performing the national anthem and a medly of hip hop and country hits opening night, says Marketing King of Marketing Justin Horowitz (@itsthejho). "I tried to get cousin JLO", he told me - fully aware that the only reason he holds the job is because of this connection, "but she has another engagement, at Yonkers".
- It is not true that to make things more interesting, and to spread the wealth around, "New" Meadowlands owner Jeff Gural will be taxing Ronnie Burke purse money plus 5 grand for every win over four he gets per evening. "This is a bad rumor, maybe started by those mean guys over at Yonkers" said Gural.
- It is true that to get the scourge of kicking out of this sport, and to stop making it look like harness racing folks are all a part of the cast of the movie Deliverance, Jeff Gural has instituted a new kicking policy. "If I see a driver kick a horse, after the race a retired racehorse will get to kick the driver" said Gural. This should raise some money for retired standardbreds and stop the banjo music on youtube whenever someone puts up a harness racing video", he said.
- It is not true that for the Moni Maker stakes, driver Brian Sears will be staying at Yonkers, because he has four drives in the winners over 25k class; thus giving Bee a Magician a driver change to Robert Krivelin. "I'll probably drive at the Meadowlands - I mean the "New Meadowlands" that night", Sears informs me.
- Conversely, driver George Brennan will take advantage of getting a few more even money shots across at Yonkers. "I could easily make another $400 with Brian gone" said the Minister of
- It is not true that to stop half in half out, drivers will be fitted with a small device, giving them an electrical shock when they try the move. "Too drastic" says my source.
- It is true that Team Treacherous will be giving all USHWA Dan Patch voters a free meal in the new Pink restaurant on November 30th, if they sign, in blood, that they will be voting for the Captain. This holds, even if Bee a Magician wins the Moni Maker by 31 and a half lengths in 149.2, while being catch driven by Robert Krivelin. In response, Bee a Magician trainer Nifty Norman said "hell, I'll vote for him for a free meal in Pink. The place looks great".