A quick note about the best horse in harness racing, and the best horse in thoroughbred racing.
Beach's brother sold today at Lexington. I wonder what he looked like. Astreos is a solid sire and the buzz of the last week was huge. $150k seems cheap to this observer.
Curlin is off to the Classic. There is quite a bit of scuttlebutt about Jess Jackson playing coy. I don't think it was coy at all. I think it was because the horse looked less than impressive at Saratoga and they were worried about him. After the slam dunk on Saturday, off they go.
The odds are up and not surprisingly Curlin is chalk at 7-2. Big Brown is the second choice at just over 5-1. The Santa Anita surface is playing right into Curlin's hands right now, so I think that is a slight overlay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months
-
There has been a lot of discussion of late via #simocon about racing, betting and signals and all the rest. The main theme is that racing ca...
-
Standardbred Canada has a poll up asking who is the greatest trotter who ever lived. These questions are fun, but really it is impossible t...
-
The news hit the wires today that TVG is in search of a new CEO. This news assures a shake-up in programming at the huge ADW, especially w...
-
How do we differentiate ourselves from thoroughbred bettors? What are the pros and cons of being a harness bettor? In a recent article at R2...
-
A lot of you have seen this Portnoy post about his beat in the Pick 6 at Del Mar yesterday: I made it to last leg of pick 6 at Del Mar. I h...
-
I saw this tweet by Nick yesterday. Nick is the morning line maker at Keeneland. I promise I’m not being a smart ass. I clearly made a horr...
-
In 1996, most know that the pari-mutuel tax on wagering was reduced from 7.5% to 0.5% as part of the slots at racetracks program. The indust...
-
Top ten lists of the decade are so everywhere. But, heck I think they are cool and I like reading them. It was a wonderful decade to watch r...
-
Sitting outside, or in the grandstand at Greenwood brings back many memories. Racing was super-popular and we usually had a packed house and...
Similar
Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return
Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...
No comments:
Post a Comment