Our weekly look at Harness Racing's ten best horses, ranked.
Greg reports that Herb had a tough week this week. He had to move a couple out, due to injury and sub par losses.
He moved Nebupannezar in, as he was lights out in a major race (a grade one to runner fans), and has raced well all year. He is close to being the 2YO pacer of the year if he converts the BC.
Enough Talk, with another win, is coming on hard, so he moved up a couple of spots. He has become the top older trotter in racing. He is a world record holder as well.
Federal Flex had some sickness issues, so Herb was not sure if he would bounce back, but he did. He moves in. He is this years Dewey, or Donato in the 2YO ranks - the top juvenile trotter in racing.
Shadow Play has stamped himself the "horse other than Beach", is a world record holder in his own right; and being so close to one of the best ever, the Jug champ deserves an uptick (Herb note: He would have stayed at 4 if he lost by a couple). Frankly, he would be a horse the big breeding operations would be after, but he was born in the wrong year. If he races last year, he probably wins everything and would be an easy #1 on this list. It is one thing Herb's list does that others do not - he looks at a horses place in history and ranks accordingly.
(3yo colt pacer, 12 wins from 13 starts, earnings of $2.11 million)-last week #1
2. Shadow Play
(3yo colt pacer, 12 wins from 22 starts, earnings of $889,000)-last week #4
3. Mister Big
(5yo pacer, 11 wins from 13 starts, earnings of $1.56 million)-last week #2
4. Deweycheatumnhowe (3yo colt trotter, 11 wins from 13 starts, earnings of $2.18 million)-last week #3
5. Nebupanezzar (2yo gelding pacer, eight wins from 11 starts, earnings of $906,000)-last week unranked
6. Enough Talk (5yo gelding trotter, seven wins from 23 starts, earnings of $756,000)-last week #9
7. Federal Flex (2yo colt trotter, five wins from seven starts, earnings of $470,000)-last week unranked
8. Art Colony (2yo colt pacer, four wins from five starts, earnings of $242,000), last week #10
9. Celebrity Secret (3yo colt trotter, six wins from 17 starts, earnings of $815,000), last week-#7
10. Up Front Annika (2yo filly trotter, four wins from 9 starts, earnings of $408,000)-last week unranked
Dropped out-Art Official (injury), Artimittateslife (loss @ Yonkers )
Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...
One of life's many mysteries on gambling twitter is the Jackpot Bet. Oftentimes people like @shottakingtime, echoed by others, will pos...
It's Friday - the weekend! - where the tracks are ready to fire-up some serious betting entertainment. As we know, that's primaril...
Yesterday we wrote about some (many?) inside the business who don't quite understand what we bettors do each day to try and scratch som...
Innovation and horse racing. Put together, the two of them elicit feverish reaction in this sport. One one side you have the customers, alon...
The pandemic and resulting discombobulation has certainly thrown things out of whack in horse racing, and some narratives are being turned o...