In a surprising move, Hastings Race Course has lowered its show takeout.
It is equivalent to a 5% rebate or so. Although I would assume the players playing show are not price sensitive, this should churn a little bit of money. A 5% rebate is significant in this pool.
I wonder if I should start trying some sort of show wagering plan for this track for a lark. I might be able to make money at 12%. Then again since I have been doing horribly lately I think I would need more than 5 points.
Regardless, kudos to Hastings for returning a little bit to the player.
Notes:
Speaking of rebates (and beer), they were a popular word here last month according to the harnessracingblog at Harnesslink. What an interesting post. Way to go Jules.
Dave Johnson called the races this weekend (well a few of them anyway) at Chester. I thought he was very good.
The Jug Future pool #2 is over and Badlands Nitro has taken over favoritism. The field bettors (6-1) look like they might have a positive expected value bet as Art Official is slated to possibly go.
Several letters to the Harness Edge asking Beach's owners to race him in the Jug. They make some excellent points. Although I wonder what more the gentleman wants when he says this is a weak crop. World records set at mile, five eighths and half mile tracks by three different horses says otherwise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months
-
There has been a lot of discussion of late via #simocon about racing, betting and signals and all the rest. The main theme is that racing ca...
-
Standardbred Canada has a poll up asking who is the greatest trotter who ever lived. These questions are fun, but really it is impossible t...
-
The news hit the wires today that TVG is in search of a new CEO. This news assures a shake-up in programming at the huge ADW, especially w...
-
How do we differentiate ourselves from thoroughbred bettors? What are the pros and cons of being a harness bettor? In a recent article at R2...
-
A lot of you have seen this Portnoy post about his beat in the Pick 6 at Del Mar yesterday: I made it to last leg of pick 6 at Del Mar. I h...
-
I saw this tweet by Nick yesterday. Nick is the morning line maker at Keeneland. I promise I’m not being a smart ass. I clearly made a horr...
-
In 1996, most know that the pari-mutuel tax on wagering was reduced from 7.5% to 0.5% as part of the slots at racetracks program. The indust...
-
Top ten lists of the decade are so everywhere. But, heck I think they are cool and I like reading them. It was a wonderful decade to watch r...
-
Sitting outside, or in the grandstand at Greenwood brings back many memories. Racing was super-popular and we usually had a packed house and...
Similar
Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return
Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...
2 comments:
Thanks for the mention. What I thought was most interesting about the word visualization is that I think I could have picked which was from which blog, based on individual blog themes and the style of the authors.
If your interested in playing round with it the tool is at wordle.net - it took me ages to get results but internet speeds down here are dismal so you might have better luck.
Really cool post! It is neat stuff like that that gets you linked to outside blogs and grows racing a little bit, imo. Kudos.
Although the words were only on the main page (I gather) it was a fairly good representation. I have been on rebates here the past several days in a few posts, but I am of course a fan of them overall. The Hambo was a big topic here too. Plus I use the word 'fun' quite a bit. Hell, this game is fun no matter how much we gripe :)
Great stuff and keep up the good work!
Post a Comment