Ironically, just last week I wrote the post about harness folks showing a lack of emotion when their horse wins a race. Well, maybe I should have prefaced it with "some owners and trainers and drivers of superstables who win all the time", because in the Maple Leaf Trot tonight, San Pail, a family type horse, threw down and defeated the best older trotters in the world. The winners circle was electric, Waples (great job Randy) was stoked and all was well. It is really nice to see this win for these people. These folks got a life changing win and a $360,000 payday which will never be forgotten.
For a look at the exciting tilt I have the youtube thingy below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months
-
Standardbred Canada has a poll up asking who is the greatest trotter who ever lived. These questions are fun, but really it is impossible t...
-
There has been a lot of discussion of late via #simocon about racing, betting and signals and all the rest. The main theme is that racing ca...
-
The news hit the wires today that TVG is in search of a new CEO. This news assures a shake-up in programming at the huge ADW, especially w...
-
How do we differentiate ourselves from thoroughbred bettors? What are the pros and cons of being a harness bettor? In a recent article at R2...
-
A lot of you have seen this Portnoy post about his beat in the Pick 6 at Del Mar yesterday: I made it to last leg of pick 6 at Del Mar. I h...
-
In 1996, most know that the pari-mutuel tax on wagering was reduced from 7.5% to 0.5% as part of the slots at racetracks program. The indust...
-
I saw this tweet by Nick yesterday. Nick is the morning line maker at Keeneland. I promise I’m not being a smart ass. I clearly made a horr...
-
Harness racing is a unique bird when it comes to driving styles and driving colonies. Whereas in Thoroughbred racing, a jock does not race a...
-
Sitting outside, or in the grandstand at Greenwood brings back many memories. Racing was super-popular and we usually had a packed house and...
Similar
Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return
Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...
3 comments:
Very unexpectedly, Keith of Triple Dead Heat and I, after a day at Woodbine, decided to head to Mohawk. I have never seen anything like the crowd at the rail as San Pail came into the stretch...or more people in the winner's circle! What a bunch of happy people. It was great to see.
So it was a New Yorker like you Teresa that has brought Bethpage Black weather to the Canadian Open :)
Did you have a good time with the harness folks? Did you think Mohawk is a nice setting to enjoy the races? I have been to many places as well and always enjoy the ambiance there.
Enjoy the rest of your trip!
My 20 hours in the Toronto racing world were terrific. The only harness tracks I've been to in recent memory was the Meadowlands, and Mohawk is so different--so intimate. Plus, it was such a huge night of racing that the buzz was palpable. And having Darryl Sittler around was just a huge bonus!
Woodbine was great, too, though, as you noted, I spent much of it soaking wet. Wet Polytrack has much the same effect on feet that wet dirt does!
Post a Comment