Saturday, September 1, 2012

Metro Night Features the Best of the Best

It's Metro Night at Mohawk this evening, where over $3M will be handed out to some of the best trotters and pacers around.

A few notes:

Race two is only a $38,000 Preferred, but it's always neat to see younger take on older, as NA Cup champ Thinking Out Loud draws post six. It's a great way to start the evening.

Race three is the $100k Mares Invite, which features the JJ proclaimed "best mare to look through a bridle", Put on a Show. She's in tough here, and she'll have to work for it. I am interested to see them try Anndrovette a different way tonight. When she won here last time, it seems the new barn strategy with her is to send, and go as fast as you can. That hasn't worked very well since.

Race five is the Simcoe for three year old trotters. It's a nice field and I think it may be worth going a little deeper there than it looks on paper.

Race seven is the She's a Great Lady, and it is a super race. I have been impressed with I Luv the Nite Life for quite awhile now. Although she may be getting thin on the form cycle and is due for a regression, she is impossible for me to play against with any alacrity.

Race eight is the big one (or one of them) of the evening: The $1M Metro. I think I will take a stand against the big chalk here, and key Robin Shadt's talented little horse Odds on Equus. This horse is pretty cool. He seems to be seasoned beyond his years and he never stops trying. Those types usually turn out to be the best three year olds or older. If he can work out a trip I think he can win.  Underneath I will use Captive Audience and Fool Me Once as bombs to maybe up some prices.

Race ten is the Canadian Pacing Derby. Betterthancheddar is a fade for me, and I'm pitching him right off the ticket. I'll try ot make my score with Arachache Hanover (15-1) from post nine. After a no try in his last he'll be firing. He can take air and he is as good as any horse in here. The price will be right.

Enjoy your evening at the Hawk everyone.

No comments:

Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months

Similar

Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return

Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...