For our American friends who might not know, Nova Scotia is a gorgeous province with a population of around 1M people. Near Truro, where Beach was from, you can get a nice slice of East coast Canadiana, and if you head south you can get a big city feel in Halifax. To be newsmaker of the year in this province is not a small thing. The connections should be proud of this honour, and so should harness racing.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Beach Named Nova Scotia Newsmaker of the Year
For our American friends who might not know, Nova Scotia is a gorgeous province with a population of around 1M people. Near Truro, where Beach was from, you can get a nice slice of East coast Canadiana, and if you head south you can get a big city feel in Halifax. To be newsmaker of the year in this province is not a small thing. The connections should be proud of this honour, and so should harness racing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months
-
There has been a lot of discussion of late via #simocon about racing, betting and signals and all the rest. The main theme is that racing ca...
-
Standardbred Canada has a poll up asking who is the greatest trotter who ever lived. These questions are fun, but really it is impossible t...
-
The news hit the wires today that TVG is in search of a new CEO. This news assures a shake-up in programming at the huge ADW, especially w...
-
How do we differentiate ourselves from thoroughbred bettors? What are the pros and cons of being a harness bettor? In a recent article at R2...
-
A lot of you have seen this Portnoy post about his beat in the Pick 6 at Del Mar yesterday: I made it to last leg of pick 6 at Del Mar. I h...
-
I saw this tweet by Nick yesterday. Nick is the morning line maker at Keeneland. I promise I’m not being a smart ass. I clearly made a horr...
-
In 1996, most know that the pari-mutuel tax on wagering was reduced from 7.5% to 0.5% as part of the slots at racetracks program. The indust...
-
Top ten lists of the decade are so everywhere. But, heck I think they are cool and I like reading them. It was a wonderful decade to watch r...
-
Sitting outside, or in the grandstand at Greenwood brings back many memories. Racing was super-popular and we usually had a packed house and...
Similar
Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return
Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...
No comments:
Post a Comment