In an interesting quest (as mentioned below) Somebeachsomewhere is currently being promoted by racing to be "Male Athlete of the Year" in Canada, to follow Secretariat who earned the nod in 1973. This took a turn today as "The National", the nations nightly newscast is airing a piece on the horse, and on the quest this evening.
I am sure someone from Standardbred Canada will post the piece on youtube, so when it is up, we'll post it here.
To add your name to the petition, no matter where you are from, click the cute Panderosa colt to the right.
"Younger can't race against older alert!" as we spoke about below, Chancey Lady, a three year old filly, just beat older Open mares at Chester in a track record 150.3; at 4-5.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months
-
There has been a lot of discussion of late via #simocon about racing, betting and signals and all the rest. The main theme is that racing ca...
-
Standardbred Canada has a poll up asking who is the greatest trotter who ever lived. These questions are fun, but really it is impossible t...
-
The news hit the wires today that TVG is in search of a new CEO. This news assures a shake-up in programming at the huge ADW, especially w...
-
How do we differentiate ourselves from thoroughbred bettors? What are the pros and cons of being a harness bettor? In a recent article at R2...
-
A lot of you have seen this Portnoy post about his beat in the Pick 6 at Del Mar yesterday: I made it to last leg of pick 6 at Del Mar. I h...
-
I saw this tweet by Nick yesterday. Nick is the morning line maker at Keeneland. I promise I’m not being a smart ass. I clearly made a horr...
-
In 1996, most know that the pari-mutuel tax on wagering was reduced from 7.5% to 0.5% as part of the slots at racetracks program. The indust...
-
Top ten lists of the decade are so everywhere. But, heck I think they are cool and I like reading them. It was a wonderful decade to watch r...
-
Sitting outside, or in the grandstand at Greenwood brings back many memories. Racing was super-popular and we usually had a packed house and...
Similar
Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return
Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...
1 comment:
Chancey Lady was tremendous today. Nothing different than a Grade 1 winner facing open allowance company, IMO. 4-5 was a gift, even though I made her 9-5 in the ML. Hope to see her back next season.
Post a Comment